If you answer YES, please complete the following:
The information collected will be used by the school for enrolment and, therefore, forms an essential part of the information held by the school on your child. The records made from this information may be viewed on request at the school. The information collected may be disclosed to appropriate education, health and welfare authorities and for data gathering purposes by the New Zealand Ministry of Education, in accordance with the principles of the Privacy Act. It will not be disclosed to any other person or agency unless such disclosure is authorised or required by law.
In using DTs at Kaipaki School I agree to:
• Use and treat the school DTs, computers and devices in a responsible manner.
• Not allow other students to use my personal login or password.
• Use the Internet and email in a responsible manner that includes not accessing profane, pornographic, social networking sites or obscene material.
• Not use the school DTs to bully, harass or compromise the privacy of others. This includes the taking of video, pictures or audio recordings of others including any school staff member without their knowledge and agreement.
• Not download material or programs to the school system.
• Respect the laws of copyright on software, music, images and text.
• Not use proxy sites to circumvent access to prohibited sites.
• Use appropriate language, topic and tone in all internal and external communications.
• Keep Personal Digital Devices turned off and out of sight in the classroom unless the teacher has specifically allowed their use.
• Students are reminded that the school does not require them to bring electronic devices to school and accepts no liability for their loss on school premises. Security of the devices is the responsibility of the student.
• At interval and lunch times personal devices must be left in the classroom.
• Kaipaki School reserves the right to access and monitor your use of DTs, including personal electronic messages.
If any of these rules/guidelines are broken then a range of sanctions may be applied. These can include but are not limited to:
• Internet, email, or computer use may be withdrawn for a period of time.
• Disciplinary procedures may be applied.
• Confiscation and banning from future use in school.
Student to agree.
I agree that the school will take action on my behalf in case of sudden illness or injury to my child. This includes incidents at school and off-site, where applicable.
From time to time there are opportunities to enhance your child's learning through education outside of the classroom (EOTC). Generally parents are always informed prior to such trips. Such EOTC activities like camps etc, will require specific consent. For convenience we only ask parents / carers to sign an EOTC form once. This permission will stay in place for all of the years that your child is at Kaipaki School unless we are told otherwise. If there is a change in circumstances and you would like to change your permission choice, please contact the school office and we can amend our records.
Under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 we are encouraged to have all parent/carer/whanau volunteers police checked to help ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children at our school. Please indicate below that you are content for a police check to be completed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact the Principal in the first instance.
Please fill in your details below if you wish to become a Kaipaki School Volunteer. This is so we can complete a police check.
Kaipaki School expects all children travelling on the bus to:
• Obey the instructions of the Bus Driver
• Obey the instructions of the Bus Wardens
• Display appropriate behaviour normally expected of Kaipaki School
• Remain seated when the bus is in motion
• Wear seat belts correctly (where fitted)
• Remain in a visible, safe place after dis-mounting and wait until the bus has left the bus stop before proceeding to their pick-up vehicle or walking home.
In particular, children are NOT to:
• Argue with the Bus Driver or other attending adults
• Shout, swear or display inappropriate gestures
• Place any part of their bodies (e.g. hands, heads, arms etc.) out of the bus windows
• Throw items in the bus or from the bus windows
• Bully or tease other children (including the Bus Wardens) in any way or form
• Display any other behaviour that affects the road safety of any person
If your child is STARTING SCHOOL IN NEW ZEALAND FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME you will need to provide the following supporting documents. They are:-
1) Proof of your child's I.D. (passport or birth certificate)
2) Students born outside New Zealand: copy of Passport and Citizenship / Residency / Visa / Immigration documents
3) Proof of your address (utility bill or rental/sale agreement)
If your child is TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER NEW ZEALAND SCHOOL you will need to provide the following supporting documents.
1) Students born outside New Zealand: copy of Passport and Citizenship / Residency / Visa / Immigration documents.
2) Proof of your address (utility bill or rental/sale agreement)
I will provide the school with the correct supporting documentation for my child's enrolment. I understand that the school can take a copy from an original document and will return it to me immediately.