KAIPAKI SCHOOL - Bringing Learning to Life - 687 Kaipaki Road, RD 1, Ohaupo - Phone 07 823 6653 - Fax 07 823 6625 - Email office@kaipaki.school.nz

The Education Review Office last visited Kaipaki in Term 2, 2018.

Here are a few of the highlights directly from the report …

The school’s vision statement, ‘bringing learning to life’, is supporting students to ‘develop, live and learn for today and in the future’. The school has well-established values related to respect, integrity, self, and excellence.

The school’s curriculum is highly responsive with an appropriate focus on reading, writing and mathematics. Classroom teachers know their target students well and plan appropriate programmes to accelerate learning. They use assessment information well to support differentiated planning and teaching. There is a school-wide focus on bicultural awareness that includes employing a facilitator to work in classrooms.

Students with special needs are well catered for in inclusive learning environments. Students relate well to meaningful contexts and are well engaged in a variety of learning experiences and this is contributing to equitable and excellent outcomes.

The board is providing well-informed governance. Trustees make resourcing decisions in response to student achievement information and consultation with parents and whānau.

There are well-established processes in place for the school and parents to engage in meaningful relationships. Parents, whānau and the community are fully involved in school activities and are valued partners in learning.

The full report is available through the ERO website: http://www.ero.govt.nz/review-reports/kaipaki-school-14-08-2018/